Family Reading Committee sponsors the Family Literacy Evening
The Family Reading Committee continues in its 22nd year with the goal: “to heighten awareness of the family’s crucial role in the development of literacy, thereby stimulating more family literacy initiatives."
PLEASE VISIT THE FLYERS AND FORMS PAGE TO FIND OUT DETAILS ON THIS YEAR'S FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT.
Highlights from the evening include:
1. Over 600 people (prekindergarten through 5th graders and their families) attended the November 2016 Family Literacy Evening.
2. Many school and community groups sponsored the event including the generous donations by McDonalds and Kwik Trip.
3. Since 1995 over 8,000 books have been distributed to district pre-school and elementary children during the Family Literacy Evening.
4. A performer in the auditorium who holds two shows which incorporates laughter and the wonder that is found in reading.
5. Visiting the LGI room (down the hall past the auditorium) where students can make book marks and for parents to pick up questioning cards. A $25 gift card was drawn for one lucky parent who visited the book mark room with their child.
A heartfelt thanks goes to all committee members, administrators, additional teachers and staff who helped that night distribute books, bags, and food; and all school and community programs/groups who supported the evening through contributions. This evening is second to none in the area and we are proud of those who go the extra mile to promote family literacy here in Holmen.