The vision of the Student Universal Nutrition Program within the School District of Holmen is to find the solutions to advance the nutritional and educational goals of the district through:
- Helping to educate our students as to the importance of healthy eating habits.
- Providing nutritionally balanced meals.
- Striving to teach life long nutritional values, to students and the community as a whole.
- Representation of the School District in a professional way that will ensure its credibility in the community.
The School District of Holmen believes:
- That a healthy, well nourished child is better prepared to learn.
- In providing meals and nutrition services for all students and staff.
- The District may also provide services to programs outside the District when resources allow and when mutual benefits are derived.
- All children need to receive nutritionally adequate meals and nutrition education. The District will design the School Nutrition Program to encourage students to participate.
- The School Nutrition Program shall serve as a learning laboratory to the instructional program, providing nutritional information and food service technology, as related to the curriculum.
- The District shall promote public policy which will provide adequate funding for child nutrition programs in schools
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider."